In Kentucky, you cannot generally change a custody order for the first two years after it goes into effect unless there are compelling reasons to grant the change, such as the child being in imminent physical, mental, moral or emotional danger. You will have to file a petition to modify child custody in the same county circuit court where the original order was made.